Associate Professor of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School
Associate Professor of Surgery, Vascular, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
Director, Center for Surgical Effectiveness, Department of Surgery, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Associate Professor, Center for Health Policy Research, The Dartmouth Institute
Dr. Goodney is a vascular surgeon whose research focuses on studying and improving the patterns and outcomes of care provided to patients with peripheral vascular disease. With funding from the NHLBI, the Society for Vascular Surgery (SVS), and the Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society, he has worked to examine the utilization and effectiveness of newer treatments for vascular disease, as well as disparities in the provision of vascular care. He is also a leader in regional and national quality improvement initiatives in vascular surgery, and directs the research advisory committees for the Vascular Study Group of New England as well as the SVS’s Vascular Quality Initiative.
- Variation in the use of lower extremity vascular procedures for critical limb ischemia. Goodney PP, Travis LL, Nallamothu BK, Holman K, Suckow B, Henke PK, Lucas FL, Goodman DC, Birkmeyer JD, Fisher ES. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2012 Jan;5(1):94-102. Epub 2011 Dec 6.
- Survival after open versus endovascular thoracic aortic aneurysm repair in an observational study of the Medicare population. Goodney PP, Travis L, Lucas FL, Fillinger MF, Goodman DC, Cronenwett JL, Stone DH. Circulation. 2011 Dec 13;124(24):2661-9. Epub 2011 Nov 21.
- Operator experience and carotid stenting outcomes in Medicare beneficiaries. Nallamothu BK, Gurm HS, Ting HH, Goodney PP, Rogers MA, Curtis JP, Dimick JB, Bates ER, Krumholz HM, Birkmeyer JD. JAMA. 2011 Sep 28;306(12):1338-43.
- Regional variation in carotid artery stenting and endarterectomy in the Medicare population. Goodney PP, Travis LL, Malenka D, Bronner KK, Lucas FL, Cronenwett JL, Goodman DC, Fisher ES. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2010 Jan;3(1):15-24. Epub 2009 Dec 8.
- National trends in lower extremity bypass surgery, endovascular interventions, and major amputations. Goodney PP, Beck AW, Nagle J, Welch HG, Zwolak RM.J Vasc Surg. 2009 Jul;50(1):54-60. Epub 2009 May 28.
Education and Training
|Medical School||University of Connecticut||1995-1999|
|Residency||Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, General Surgery||1999-2006|
|Residency||Masters of Science
Center for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Dartmouth Medical School
|Residency||Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center||2006-2008|