Assistant Professor of Medicine and of The Dartmouth Institute, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Dr. Munson is a pulmonologist and a critical care physician with a primary research interest in pharmacoepidemiology. His research focuses on factors that influence physician prescribing behavior in the treatment of advanced lung diseases. He is also interested in examining the use of prescription drug combinations with potentially additive or synergistic toxicities including studies designed to quantify the risks associated with these combinations. In addition to pharmacoepidemiology research, Dr. Munson is interested in defining the effects of organ allocation policies on the availability of donor organs for lung transplantation.
- Munson JC, Kreider ME, Chen Z, Christie JD, Kimmel SE. Use of corticosteroids and cytotoxic agents in the initial management of IPF: effect of treatment guidelines over time. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 2010 Jul; 70(1): 118-25.
- Munson JC, Kreider ME, Christie JD, Kimmel SE. Factors associated with corticosteroid use in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety. 2010 Jul; 19(7):756-62
- Munson JC, Christie JD, Halpern SD. The societal impact of single versus bilateral lung transplantation for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am J Resp Crit Care Med Dec 1, 2011;184:1282-1288. PMID: 21868502
- Munson JC, Wahl PM, Daniel G, Kimmel SE, Hennessy S. Factors associated with the initiation of proton pump inhibitors in corticosteroid users. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety. 2012 Apr;21(4):366-74
- Rowan CG, Brunelli SM, Munson JC, Flory J, Reese P, Hennessy S, Lewis J, Mines D, Barrett JS, Bilker W, Strom BL. Clinical importance of the drug interaction between statins and CYP3A4 inhibitors: a retrospective cohort study in The Health Improvement Network. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety 2012 May;21(5):494-506
Education and Training
|Medical School||Harvard Medical School Internal Medicine
Yale New Haven Hospital
|Fellowship||Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
University of Pennsylvania
|Master’s of Science in Clinical Epidemiology||University of Pennsylvania|