Assistant Professor of Medicine
Adjunct Faculty, The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy & Clinical Practice, Hanover, NH
Core Investigator, Center for Health Quality, Outcomes & Economic Research, Bedford VAMC
– Pulmonary and critical care outcomes
– Health services research (Analysis of large databases, survey, meta-analysis)
– Medical decision-making and doctor-patient communication
- Wiener RS, Gould MK, Woloshin S, Schwartz LM, Clark JA. “What do you mean, a spot?”: A qualitative analysis of patients’ reactions to discussions with their doctors about pulmonary nodules. Chest. 2012; in press.
- Summer R, Wiener RS, Carroll D, Sager A. Physician perception of the impact of productivity measures on academic practice. Arch Intern Med. 2012;172(12):967-9.
- Walkey AJ, Wiener RS, Ghobrial JM, Curtis LH, Benjamin EJ. Incident stroke and mortality associated with new-onset atrial fibrillation in patients hospitalized with severe sepsis. JAMA. 2011;306(20):2248-54.
- Wiener RS, Schwartz LM, Woloshin S, Welch HG. Population-based risk for complications after transthoracic needle lung biopsy of a pulmonary nodule: An analysis of discharge records. Ann Intern Med. 2011;155(3):137-44. PMID 21810706.
- Wiener RS, Schwartz LM, Woloshin S. Time trends in pulmonary embolism in the United States: evidence of overdiagnosis. Arch Intern Med. 2011;171(9):831-7. PMID 21555660.
- Wiener RS, Wiener DC, Larson RJ. Benefits and risks of tight glucose control in critically ill adults: a meta-analysis. JAMA. 2008;300(8):933-944.
- Wiener RS, Welch HG. Trends in the use of the pulmonary artery catheter in the United States, 1993-2004. JAMA. 2007;298(4):423-9.
Education and Training
|Medical School||Columbia P&S|
|Residency||New York-Presbyterian Hospital|
|Fellowship||Boston Medical Center|