Associate Professor of Medicine and of the Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Hanover, NH
Director, Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center, Section of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH
Shared decision making for patients with inflammatory bowel diseases
Developing models to predict outcomes for patients with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
Risks of inflammatory bowel disease treatments, and communication of these risks to patients
Quality of care for patients with inflammatory bowel disease
- Siegel CA. Shared decision making in inflammatory bowel disease: helping patients understand the tradeoffs between treatment options. Gut 2012;61(3):459-65
- Cheifetz AS, Melmed GY, Spiegel B, Talley J, Devlin SM, Raffals L, Irving PM, Jones J, Kaplan GG, Kozuch P, Sparrow M, Velayos F, Baidoo L, Bressler B, Siegel CA.
- Setting priorities for comparative effectiveness research in inflammatory bowel disease: Results of an international provider survey, expert RAND panel, and patient focus groups. Inflamm Bowel Dis 2012; Epub ahead of print.
- Siegel CA, Siegel LS, Hyams JS, Kugathasan S, Markowitz J, Rosh JR, Leleiko N, Mack DR, Crandall W, Evans J, Keljo DJ, Otley AR, Oliva-Hemker M, Farrior S, Langton CR, Wrobel IT, Wahbeh G, Quiros JA, Silber G, Bahar RJ, Sands BE, Dubinsky MC. A Real-time tool to display the predicted disease course and treatment response for children with Crohn’s disease. Inflamm Bowel Dis 2011; 17:30-8
- Siegel CA, Schwartz LM, Woloshin S, Cole EB, Rubin DT, Vay T, Baars J, Sands BE. When should ulcerative colitis patients undergo colectomy for dysplasia? Mismatch between patient preferences and physician recommendations. Inflamm Bowel Dis 2010;16:1658-62
- Siegel CA, Marden SM, Persing SM, Larson RJ, Sands BE. Risk of Lymphoma Associated with Combination Anti-TNF and Immunomodulator Therapy for the Treatment of Crohn’s Disease: A Meta-Analysis. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2009;7:874
- Siegel CA, Hur C, Korzenik JR, Gazelle, GS, Sands BE. Risks and benefits of infliximab for the treatment of Crohn’s disease. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2006;4:1017-1024.
Education and Training
|Medical School||Tufts University School of Medicine,
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
|Massachusetts General Hospital,